C1 Class - CAE Prep 2020 - 2nd Semester
Distance Study v. 23 March 2020
- (Mondays - 15:45-18:05) TBA if live streaming will be added, in coming weeks.
- cyberlearn - 20_HEIG-VD_C1 CAE S2 TON / ANG2-1-B
- eistore1 – PROFS – TON – C1 / CAE Prep 2020
- This S2 C1 course earns ECTS credit (a normal HEIG class).
- Continuous Assessment = 5 skills = equal weighting. See below. 1/5 to each = Reading, LiU, Listening, Writing, Speaking. All tests are CAE exam material. Specifics of Evaluation and dates TBA in coming weeks, for this class and all HEIG courses.
- Final Exam = TBA - if final exam will be required, and date.
- The Barème applies to each test (%*5+1). The C1 GAPS Curve applies to the semester average.
- You do not have to take the Cambridge exam. However, the curriculum will not change to suit you, if you decide not to take it. Cambridge exam costs - paid by student - CAE CH 400.-/405.- (CPE CH 420.-)
- A good candidate has 2 complete practice exams (4 parts) averaging over 65%. You may opt for the FCE or CPE, finally. This course does not specifically prepare for the CPE exam. However, you may do CPE practice tests including CPE speaking practice.
- This course does not give strategy for the “computer-based” test. However, there is an online practice test here: https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/advanced/preparation/
- This course does not issue a CEFR Language Level Certificate.
- Active Participation and “Attendance” – All universities award ECTS credits for hours on task + evaluation. The shift to distance nevertheless requires students to do steady work on material across a semester. This class includes 48 periods, and all HEIG classes assume additional work. Please check in once a week, in some form. With charts such as the Record of Results - I will record every student’s completion of “classwork” tasks – so consider tasks obligatory.
Cambridge Test Centres
TBA – Important Info - with coronavirus, Cambridge is announcing new options, restrictions, and I will communicate what I hear to you. You need to keep up to date yourselves at the centre you choose. I (O’Sullivan) am not charged with your business with Cambridge, and I am not an agent of Cambridge. HEIG does not have a formal relationship with Cambridge.
You may register with any Test Centre that suits you for date, location and kind of test: paper/computer? There are 2 competing Centres in Vaud & Geneva
There are other centres in Switzerland of course: